We’re all about new and shiny so long as it serves a purpose and our latest feature coming down the pipe is all purpose with a neat little bow of efficiency tied on top.
So far we’re calling this new lead routing feature Tag. Not to be confused with #, #tag or hashtag. This feature has nothing to do with social media grandstanding and everything to do with survival of the fittest. It works on the same basic principle as a grade school game of playground tag, but in this system the lead is it, the sales people are being chased and want to be tagged and your brokerage, dealership or businesses sales force is the roster out on the playground.
Let’s break it down:
A lead comes in via live chat on your company portal website. The lead asks a general question about anything on your site for example: “Does this neighbourhood have access to public transit?”
SYNCRO will now take that lead and fire it out via text message to everyone on your sales roster at the exact same time via text message – in this example we are using a 300 agent real estate brokerage.
The first person to respond to the incoming question using SMS from their mobile phone, will secure the lead and is free to continue the conversation via SMS back to the live chat window where the customer is visiting the website. Everyone else from the roster is deemed too late to the chase and can play again next round.
This helps combat a few very obvious things that continue to plague online leads:
- We keep the consumer efficiently engaged with the parent brand
- There is no need to develop complex lead funneling systems to combat lead neutrality (fairness) within a sales team
- Solicit a competitive instant response from a larger pool of sales people nearly guaranteeing that every online lead will receive a near instant response
- BONUS: Show sales managers via stats who is hungry, who doesn’t pay any attention to online leads and correlate online and offline behaviour for a more tailored training approach
- BONUS: The consumer doesn’t need to download and install an app on their phone or computer
- BONUS: The sales person doesn’t need to download and install an app on their phone or computer
Aren’t there other companies that already do this? Not without an app, or an untrained, unlicensed call center flagging your chats there aren’t!
You’ll be able to turn Tag on our turn Tag off and use SYNCRO the traditional way to respond and track leads, but from what we’ve been testing we think that Tag will become a fun way to keep things competitive in the office. What a great incentive program idea for the most responsive sales agent? Or what a great opportunity to swap tricks and tips on how to engage with online leads to make the sale. We see all kinds of potential, but as always we welcome your feedback which leads us to the next paragraph…
This feature is currently moving to open beta and we will be contacting current SYNCRO clients with large volume sales teams to inquire about participation shortly. However, if you are not yet a client, have a big team and you want to test it along side us now – please SYNCRO us for more details.
Otherwise keep your eyes, ears and mobile open – you never know when you might get Tagged.